Shaded objects change to wireframe randomly

phix95

I think it's graphics card issues but I wondered if anyone has found a way to solve it.

I'll move around in the viewport or my cursor will move over objects and the viewport will be set to shaded but will go back and forth between that and wireframe, randomly, except when I'm not doing anything. As you can imagine, makes it hard to work. Seems like a draw problem. I've changed the display from open gl to direct 3d but same thing happens. And I believe everything's updated.

I'm using max 8 and a Radeon 1600 card.

The reason behind this is for the viewport to run smoother. There is an override so that it wont change once you rotate just stay in shaded view (although with more complex models this is pretty useless). There are also other options here - setting to boundring box once rotating etc..

All this is meant to make the rotating smoother without drastic jumps.

Check out max 2008 - the improvements there were mainly focused on the viewport handling larger scenes with better results and ease.

Maybe, but it's not supposed to happen; I didn't set it to happen...it's some weird redraw glitch/bug.

I've linked to a vid. of what I mean.

(In here I'm not talking about when I move the viewport itself around and the geometry turns to boxes; I'm talking about when I just move my cursor over the geometry and it changes to these outlines.)

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j84/DMasek/?action=view&current=Maxbug.flv

i've had this problem. I don't think its an adaptive degredation issue - though does it happen when you have adaptive degradation off?

i always found it was an open gl/ direct x issue and switching your display driver usually fixed the problem.