Master Planning Goes Online

garethace

About CASA

The Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis (CASA) is an initiative within University College London to develop emerging computer technologies in several disciplines which deal with geography, space, location, and the built environment. CASA is run under the Directorship of Michael Batty, Professor of Spatial Analysis and Planning (UCL).

The kinds of computation involved cover geographic information systems (GIS), computer-aided architectural design, spatial analysis and simulation, and methodologies for planning and decision support.

CASA is currently undertakes many research projects which deal with spatial problems and policies. These range from linking urban design to GIS to online multi-user environments. Projects range from blue-skies research to applied consulting and policy advice to local municipalities and the private sector. These are organised through UCL Business which has a special focus on GIS.

As a Research Centre within one of the UK's oldest universities, CASA provides expertise in IT based spatial decision systems and spatial analysis. Within the Centre, expertise is drawn from archaeology, architecture, cartography, computer science, environmental science, geography, planning, remote sensing, geomatic engineering, and transport studies. This generates a unique blend of personnel who operate from CASA and associated Departments within University College London.

Tell me, I forget.

Show me, I remember.

Involve me, I understand

(Moore and Davis, 1997)

http://www.onlineplanning.org/

Just click on Journals > Articles

[ May 21, 2003, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: garethace ]

About CASA

The Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis (CASA) is an initiative within University College London to develop emerging computer technologies in several disciplines which deal with geography, space, location, and the built environment. CASA is run under the Directorship of Michael Batty, Professor of Spatial Analysis and Planning (UCL).

The kinds of computation involved cover geographic information systems (GIS), computer-aided architectural design, spatial analysis and simulation, and methodologies for planning and decision support.

CASA is currently undertakes many research projects which deal with spatial problems and policies. These range from linking urban design to GIS to online multi-user environments. Projects range from blue-skies research to applied consulting and policy advice to local municipalities and the private sector. These are organised through UCL Business which has a special focus on GIS.

As a Research Centre within one of the UK's oldest universities, CASA provides expertise in IT based spatial decision systems and spatial analysis. Within the Centre, expertise is drawn from archaeology, architecture, cartography, computer science, environmental science, geography, planning, remote sensing, geomatic engineering, and transport studies. This generates a unique blend of personnel who operate from CASA and associated Departments within University College London.

Tell me, I forget.

Show me, I remember.

Involve me, I understand

(Moore and Davis, 1997)

http://www.onlineplanning.org/

Just click on Journals > Articles

[ May 21, 2003, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: garethace ]