GrowFX for 3ds Max 64-bit.

Limit

What is it?

GrowFX - the new system of plants modeling and animating for 3D Studio Max. An easy interface, essential set of parameters, which you can assign yourself, helps you to create different plants, from grass and big trees to forestland...

it is very slick indeed. I normally dont push products this much, but this is a great one. If you dont mind polygons, or if you want to render without opacity mapped bitmaps then this is a very good solution.

the growth animation I made was just after 1 or 2 ours playing with it, thats why its not really slick...

Hi!

2 quizzy

or if you want to render without opacity mapped bitmaps

Why? We have created specially for this standard leaves, they contain 1,2,3 etc. polygon.

Mesh parameters--> Add-->Standard leaves

We will later give examples ...

=======================================================

2 Chad Warner

Did anyone get this to work in Vray?

Demo Version Limitations

The 30-day trial version of GrowFX includes all features available in the registered version but with the following limitations:

- The possibility of converting to Editable Mesh is off;

- The GrowFX object can't be copied;

- You can't create more than 5 paths;

- Not rendering in VRay, finalRender, Brazil and Maxwell Render etc.

Yes, of course!

We tested GrowFX with plugins V-Ray and Maxwell Render.

Also, we have tested his work and compatibility with finalRender and Brazil.

We have received a positive result in all cases!

Hi!

2 quizzy

Why? We have created specially for this standard leaves, they contain 1,2,3 etc. polygon.

Mesh parameters--> Add-->Standard leaves

We will later give examples ...

well yeah thats what I meant, without opacity mapped leaves and branches, its all polygons if you choose to. Which I like. In GI opacity mapped leaves and such are taking much longer to render as raw polygons.

the demo version limitation of supporting brazil, vray and some other renderers is due to the multi-res mesh and being able to convert the tree into a editable mesh during render time. multi-res meshes can give some problems with several renderers...

The demo version was not rendering in brazil but was in scanline and even mental ray

• 1 month later...
Is there a pricing plan in place to allow for upgrades with future releases of 3dsmax, or will you be forcing everyone to repurchase you application with each release of max?

If you buy GrowFX now (version 1.0), all other 1.x upgrades are for free!

We will support all the future releases 3dsMax!