Virtual Reality walking

gfxguru

hi....

Hey trust me.....it is not something malignanat......

kippu you didnt see anything because you run it sandboxed....it is specially resource packed exe....so runnign from commandline or such thins doent work.....you can directly click and run...it......If yiou trust me open it

else delete itf.....no use to show you my work........

Its simply a directx application......if you cant trust it please remove my thread tooo...

what should i do to run it.....

alright...i have tried it...worked fine on my pc. no virus detected by nod32 :).

@karthik: since u asked for comments. so i liked it. but some models were very low poly. this is a very small scene and i think u could have put more polygons in objects.

Moreover you could have put reflections/refractions and all that neat stuff. dx9 supports all these things...right???

and lower the camera, it is too high...almost as high as the door itself...

and which software did you use???

did you bake lighting on objects???

kippu,

You can see one of the member had run it...why hesitating i am not a

hacker or a virus planter....im only a graphic artist/programmer....

Please try it and comment on it....it may even be useful for you in your business......you are from coimbatore no? i am in kerala

bye...

Perhaps you should try taking your technology to a web-based medium, or another format that doesn't require the end user to download and run an .exe that could be anything as far as they know.

I realize that one person has tried it, but I would still be reluctant to put it on my machine, let alone distribute something like that to a client.

alright everyone...it seems from his last post that he is talking to kippu only. He did not reply to anyone else. Not even replied to my little innocent questions.

sorry, but i take this as an insult that you ask for comments and then ignore everyone's reply.

hi....

Hey trust me.....it is not something malignanat......

kippu you didnt see anything because you run it sandboxed....it is specially resource packed exe....so runnign from commandline or such thins doent work.....you can directly click and run...it......If yiou trust me open it

else delete itf.....no use to show you my work........

Its simply a directx application......if you cant trust it please remove my thread tooo...

what should i do to run it.....

Trust me? Are you so naive to think that a prudent computer user would just trust someone they don't know, enough to install would could be a malicious program. And you have provided no details, no screenshots, no nothing. All I can say is wow.

here are some screenshots for all the suspicious ones...

i tried your app and i found it to be a bit basic. you have some coplanar faces that are flickering. also modeling is a bit low-poly as already mentioned.

once i got stuck in a door during walk-through and couldn't move further i had to quit and restart.

sorry everyone if you felt my previous post as an insult......

Really i am a biotechnologist, and was developing some programs for

biotech visualization but as a byproduct i got this thing...the realtime architectural walkthrough.....

I reply less because i seldom use net...and sorrry for that.....

I dont really know the laws and regulations of distribution of work in the net...

Thanks for giving that.....i will try to give you another format.....

any way.....thanks for all replies.....i am really not concentrating on kippu...

/////////////////////

Really its a kind of basic thing...i am improving it to a game like thing using finite state machines.......

I have very less exp in architectural visualisation and so may have some mistakes.....you may get stuck in one room because of some problems in the mesh......

bye for now.....

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I like it a lot.... altought there are some thing that will need soem attention, such us lighting in some rooms, shadows, reflections, etc, and the camera position it is a bit high, but as a idea for presentation it is incredible good.:)

Could you please tell me which software or plug in did you use to create the VR:confused:

hi adricorrea,

this is my very first application....i am presently improving it in all way....

new version i made has reflections also..i will post this soon...

The application vrwalking is coded by me using free graphics engines and borrowing codes from many game pros....

The modeing can be done in any software that supports textrure baking...

Here i used max