alternative to onyx treestorm?

phudge

okay basically iv been using onyx treestorm for a few years with max 8 and 9 32 bit with minimal problems now iv moved to max 2008 64 bit and i get unusably large ammounts of lag with wind on the trees and endless crashing, reading the forums here iv come to the conclusion that the problem lies in 64 bit.

so i was wondering if anybody know of any viable alternatives for moving trees (wind) iv played with xfrog but wasnt overly impressed.:mad:

iv just took a look at grow fx which looks cool but does anybody know if you can animate (add wind) to the trees? how stable is it?

any other options please let me know.

but when i say wind it doesnt actually have to be a physically correct wind or anything just somthing to subtly move the leaves and branches about.

Cheers

Can you try saving some 2d flats out of the tree creator programs with some wind applied? This is 100% sure to fix your crashing and the trees still look really good. Could be your best compromise...unless its for an animation. In which case i'd look at either the mental ray proxies or the proxies with vray. The new versions can do animated proxies (I THINK)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...