Vray-materials.de

HaCOPI

Is this site any good for downloading materials for rhino/vray? I have a very limited library of rendering materials and I was looking for ways to expand it.

Why don't you have a look? It would answer your question faster than posting a question here. It's kind of like my wife checking the weather station instead of looking out the window.

Hehe, Maybe I shouldve been alittle bit more clear in my question. The website is fine, its actually great! If I begin to download and install a given material will it work with rhino 4 and vray or is it only for 3dstudio?

For the time it took you to start this thread, you could have "download(ed) and install(ed) a given material" - or in the probable case, not. Most of the materials are offered as 3dsmax .mat files, however the associated bitmaps are stilll bulk useful.

Not to blatantly reveal your unacquaintance with the situation, but correct me if im wrong when I say it would have actually taken me longer to go to the site, find the material I wanted, register to the site, download the file, learned how to actually install it (as I dont know how to install a material to the actual vray library yet) by reading some tutorial which will take additional time to actually find. Orrrrr, just type a simple question which took me all in all less then a minute while I continued my work since i am still far from the rendering stage of my project.

Now I pose the same dillemma in your court. Would it have been less time consuming just to answer my simple/amateur question, or veer off and make an unnecessary comment about my post.

All in all, you gotta understand, we were all new to this once...:)

• 1 month later...

No, you cannot use .mat materials in V-ray for Rhino. They have a converter available but you must have Vray for MAx already so it kind of defeats the purpose. There are also so many goodies available in Vray for Max that aren't in the rhino version that when you do manage to convert them they give nowhere near the same result.

But its been a week so I would imagine you've had time to figure this out by now.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...