The Viz2000 VIZ PFE AIC Contest '02Q3 is still accepting Entries

vizwhiz

hi There,

This is for all of you VIZ wizards

i am extending the Entry Deadline for This Time around of the Viz2000 PFE AIC Contest until the 25th of This Month.

see This Link for further Information:

http://www.viz2000.com/html/icontest.html

There are Prizes to offer This Time, too:

Digimation is offering some Free VIZ Plug-Ins

ArchVision is offering a $300 gift certificate towards the purchase of any RPC Library

George Omura has just (today) sent the "Mastering Autodesk VIZ 4" books by UPS (should be here in a couple of day)

PrecisionLightworks is offering a complete bundle of Nverse Photo/Nverse Terra software

and best of all - CGArchitect.com is offering Hosting and Posting of the Winning Images, some Free world-wide Publicity

Life is good.

The More People that enter, the More VIZ Prizes i can Talk the Sponsors into donating

Thanks

Randy

hi There, Taka,

see This Link for further Information:

http://www.viz2000.com/html/icontest.html

basically, There is NO ENTRY FEE, none

ALL IMAGES MUST BE RENDERED IN VIZ

ALL IMAGES ARE TO REMAIN AT YOUR OWN WEBSITE

DO NOT SEND ANY IMAGES TO ME NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

These are the ONLY RULEs

just send me an email with:

your Name, your Comany Name/School (optional)

the exact URL where you are HOSTING and POSTING your Images, This needs to be an EXACT URL where your Images will be located, Otherwise, no one will be able to access and View your VIZ Images

ALL IMAGES ARE TO REMAIN AT YOUR OWN WEBSITE

That is it, i will put up a Link Page, (see this Link):

http://www.viz2000.com/html/icon-02Q3-NAME.html

that will have a List of Names which will link back to your Images This Page will be available September 16, the Viewing and Voting will be September 20 - End of Month

it is Open to you what you would like to show

your VIZ 3 or VIZ 4 work is fine (VIZ 2 is ok too)

i am encouraging Individuals to make up their own work not just what you would do at work or at school only. This is entirely your Choice

Thanks

Randy

hi There,

HeDaCom

so far every Student who has sent in Images

only 1 of the Students has had his own website,

irrelevent i guess

the Thinking (or lack of it) was that this would make it easier for Students to submit an Image without being resource intensive, like Animations are

Students could submit Panoramics or Animations if they wanted too (not a problem to me) i just dont have a category for it yet (maybe later)

i was trying to not make it too difficult to compete (some people may more more resources than others) or not have their own computers at home, just at school

so i decided to stick with 2d Stills, only

Thanks for the comments, i appreciate and welcome comments Ideas suggestions on how to make this work for more Students to participate (VIZ only so far, but Change happens)

actually no Images are "submitted" i just put a Link back to the persons own (companys) website (i am lazy) and this avoids the corporate copyright issues (less work for me to make just a Link)

Thanks

Randy

if you want more suggestions... I think you can improve the navigation system or something... I found it difficult to understand how to enter in the iContest, and what was the contest about...and so. I don't blame you... probably it's because I don't sleep too much recently. heh ;)

cheers :)

[ September 18, 2002, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: HeDaCoM ]