radiosity?

nisus

hehehe. double post naughty boy:)

mental ray slooooooow and fidly. altho i must admit i not used personally. used luminaire but again, slow.

go for the market leader in speed, cinema 4d 7. fastest radiosity/gi engine on the market today.

[ May 25, 2002, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: STRAT ]

Hi strat,

I thought someone asked it allready, but I couldn't find it...

Anyway, I wanted to find out about mental ray because I didn't see that anywhere, and I heard a guy from a firm that sweared by it...

nisus

Hi alexandre,

I know the user gallery of integra is not that great, but their background information is nice ;)

I've read lots of articles on radiosity-renders and most of them claim to be the fastest. I just don't know who to believe...

rgds

nisus

dear asim,

i'll let you have the final word because your sponza image is indeed very nice and the time you anounce is quite remarkable, but this "battle of the renderers" is more likely a "war" and i'm sure we haven't seen the end of it; so, until one or the other really stands out of the crowd i'll play it by ear and stick with cinema 4d ;)

I experimented a while with Mental Ray.

I find it quite hard to use.

Very unpredictable what the result will be : too much/less light ...

However when you found the right setting for your scene, he results are realy good! (especially knowing that this is rather an old renderer ...)

But like there is allready said ... so bloody slow !!!