Freeing Ram memory in 3ds max?

archkre

what do i need to do to get the maximum rendering speed from my computers hardware and copy of max.

what settings need changing to make sure that max is working to its full potential.

all i ever read is about a 3g switch, i have done all that and it doesn't appear to be going much faster, and when you look at task manager it says max is using 1+ gig when i have 3.25 avaialble to max

what do i need to do to get the maximum rendering speed from my computers hardware and copy of max.

what settings need changing to make sure that max is working to its full potential.

all i ever read is about a 3g switch, i have done all that and it doesn't appear to be going much faster, and when you look at task manager it says max is using 1+ gig when i have 3.25 avaialble to max

watch your processor usage. if it's not at 100% and you have a lot of other programs running, you are probably not rendering as fast as possible. you could also try going to the processes tab within task manager, right-clicking 3dsMax, selecting Priority>High or Realtime

short of scene optimization, which is an incredibly huge deal with tons of tricks for speeding up renderings, there's not much you can do outside of Max.

so how do i get my processor to go at 100% when rendering?

it will always be at 100% unless you are running something that causes the computer to spend time buffering information, ie. sending info back and forth between the hard drive and RAM while the processor is waiting. if you try to render a scene with 2GB of RAM when it needs 3GB, then your processor wont run at 100%.