why it is running

whori

I do that all the time and my max works alright. if you uncheck all the box then you will loose the virus and spyware checker

i do it all the time also, but now when i end process it starts automatically again :D

o well nevermind;)

thanks all of you

You've got ... something ... lauching Max at boot. Looks like you have a ton of stuff installed so it would be hard to pin it down. What do you have installed that has a distributed render?

BTW good use of the strategically placed window. Who's that on your desktop?

I can't tell you how many times I come into work and my computer is rendering something. For example, we had Thanksgiving day and the day after off, so the schedules for rendering on all computers were changed to allow rendering during work hours on those days...but whoever changed them did not change them back. So, this Thursday, I came in to work and my computer was operating very slow. Turns out, I had an extra 3dsmax.exe running in the background rendering a scene in the queue.

So, if you're hooked up to a render farm, check your schedule! Also remember that even if your computer shows 'unavailable', it might still be working on the last frame submitted to it before going off the farm:)