Need Vegetation Software

lewor21

Hey everyone, I am searching for a vegetation/trees/plants plug-in for Max which is VRAY compatible. Anybody has lots of experience who can suggest the best one. every software has disadvantages and advantages, but i mean something which is widely/commonly used. VUE xstreme are not compatible with vray that's why I am searching for one compatible to it.

Thanks in advance guys

I personally prefer using ONYX trees. They allow for an unlimited variety of trees and the texturing on them is pretty simple. You can model them in the stand alone software onyx suite or just use their tree storm plugin for max. I really enjoy the flexibility they allow you. Supposedly they are to be releasing an updated version sometime soon. their website is really outdated but the product is pretty solid.

Thanks WAcky and rmccoy for the reply. I have then some more questions regarding this Onyx/tree storm: is it compatible or supports the Vray Scatter? I need to know because i am planning to get Vray Scatter as well. And how is the rendering time? Thanks again.:)

Onyx is compatible with the vray scatter plugin. You just have to export your onyx tree as a vray proxy first and then use the vray scatter tool.

As far as render times go. It really depends on what you want to do with your tree. Onyx has some good built in ways to optimize your trees. I'm really excited to see what features the new version will have.