how to close this shape

isaac_cm

WAcky I did not understand you completely but connect did not work, is there a direct way to place the forth vertex (see pic)?

SandmanNinja

I did what you told but I did not know how to make the other triangle side , I know I can clone and rotate but is there another direct way - for example like sketchup if not and there is a plugin can do that please mention

thanks

2195gmx.jpg

Thanks but I did not understand what you mean however I just drag the middle point with the aid of the snap tool to the 4th location and refine its position in the left and top view.

but I was hoping for a single precise step to do that if you work with sketch up you know what I mean.

As I look at your last image, I think you could have selected the long edge, held the shift key, and dragged it out.

That would have been it in a single step.

Here is a screen capture that I just did.

Hopefully it will better explain with images what I couldn't do with words.

http://www.virtual-interiors.net/downloads/edge-drag.rar

Once you have 3 walls back, just do the create poly that I described above.

thanks alot I appreciate your making to this video - just one question:

I have my polygon attached to other polygons and it is not aligned with boundary box so is there another way to know exactly where to stop the extrusion ?

There's usually a piece of geometry that is waaaaaaay far away from the object that is causing the boundary box to be so big.

Look for a single vert or just a small piece way far away, near the edge of the boundary box. Go to the top viewport and lasso what looks like empty areas and see if you catch something. Try using different modes - vert, edge, poly.