3ds Max/Design 2010 download for select subscription customers

kenpimentel

can't wait for the viewport painting features. hopefully we can now paint out visible tiling of maps. Looking at all the new features, it looks like this is gonna be a realease like max 2008, which, imo, was the best release to date, and we're still using it. just brilliant, but we'll have to see if we're gonna go for the 2010 release amidts this credit krisis.

Ken, I was just having fun. Actually, 2009 has been an awesome release for us -really stable from day one, and I'm very happy about the inclusion of polyboost.

Thanks for the clarification! Glad you're enjoying the ride. Let me know if any of those 2010 features actually don't work for you...

Ken, I'm a bit curious to know if autodesk look at these threads http://www.cgarchitect.com/vb/160-3ds-max-wish-list/?pp=20&daysprune=365

would be nice if someone at autodesk can now-and-then confirm the wishlist topics that have made it.

We look at them to give input into our feature roadmap. We have limited bandwidth, so asking a designer (who could be designing features) to review all the wishlists on all the forums and to co-ordinate a response is a bigger time sink than you may realize. Sorry, I wish we could do more.

ken there seems to be a bit of confusion as to when the subscription centre download becomes aavaialble for max design 2010??? i have been on s.centre and can see Max 2010 but no Max Design 2010??? However when the Max 2010 entry does contain all of the sample files for Max design, does this mean the installer contains the install for max design too??? just thought i'd check before i spend hours downloading 3+GB worth of non Max Design stuff???

oh and just for clarification, i've been lucky enough to beta test the product and i can say it is the most significant release of max since version 5 when i started using it. a lot of exciting new things. looks really good

Max Design 2010 is available - i think it has something to do with the choice you had to make a while ago. i was using Max 2009 but now, only the Design 2010 product download is shown so the download page seems to be linked directly to your specific subscription spec

i did notice, though, that you can't order printed documentation for 2010 yet in the 'request product manual' page

hmm strange, i work for a reseller so we kind of have special access to subscription centre. as a reseller we mainly sell max design as we deal with the AEC sector, so i doubt that this is the issue. We wil get boxed software sent through and i have had the beta of max design, i just wanted to get my hands on the finished product before it gets shipped to the office. Strange that i can't see max design but all other products are visible to me??

hmm strange, i work for a reseller so we kind of have special access to subscription centre. as a reseller we mainly sell max design as we deal with the AEC sector, so i doubt that this is the issue. We wil get boxed software sent through and i have had the beta of max design, i just wanted to get my hands on the finished product before it gets shipped to the office. Strange that i can't see max design but all other products are visible to me??

I think you don't have the "entitlement" for 3ds Max Design 2010. This is why you see just 3ds Max 2010. I don't know how resellers get entitlements, so I don't really have an answer to this - but I'm pretty sure that is the situation.

We went live with both 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design downloads on subscription for all regions earlier today. If you're not seeing what you expect, you are either looking in the wrong place or don't have the entitlement you expect. Some people are having trouble finding it, others are not. I'll try to clarify with a link when I get it. Sorry for the confusion.

Some answers from the experts:

It looks like some customers may be checking before their upgrade has been processed. That's why they're only seeing 2009, not 2010 yet.

The autofulfillments for 3ds Max and Design are still running. Which means upgrades are happening, serial numbers are being generated and orders are being passed to our download site. There are still a few jobs scheduled to be run Thursday and perhaps Friday.

The products and files are setup and loaded properly. We need to let the system sync all the orders.

Since this is going out to a potentially large group of people, I would say by end of day Friday all English upgrades of Max Design and 3DS Max should be completed, just to be safe.

Serial numbers are available to Contract Managers and Software Coordinators on SubCenter under the Coverage Report.

Hi Ken, Downloaded my 2010 design yesterday. After a bit of trouble trying to download it using your download manager with ie I finally got it working with no problems through firefox (should of known).

I have to say that I absolutely love the new interface and the viewport rendering is brilliant. Have not had much chance to explore the other new features yet but from what I have seen so far big thumbs up, thank you.:)

• 1 month later...

I have a question in regards to subscription.

I don't need to be up to date all the time. I'd be happy upgrading every 2 or 3 years. Is it more cost effective to pay for subscription or hold onto what you have untill your chance to upgrade to the latest almost expires?

thanks

I have a question in regards to subscription.

I don't need to be up to date all the time. I'd be happy upgrading every 2 or 3 years. Is it more cost effective to pay for subscription or hold onto what you have untill your chance to upgrade to the latest almost expires?

thanks

I think you'll want to stay on subscription unless you plan on never upgrading more than once per 3-4 years. I think we've gone public on the changes coming to Upgrade pricing and there are promos being run to help get people onto subscription before the change. Talk to your reseller for details.