Modeling Water flowing from waterfall

rishmantrijo

Hi everyone, I'm quite eager to know some advanced techniques on how to model a water flowing from a waterfall not by using particle flow method. Instead, I will model it. Is there anyone that can enlighten my thoughts about this? Or any Tutorial that will make things better?:confused:

Thanks.

it all depends on how close you're gonna get, type of waterfall, and the quality of your "source" pictures/footage...

funny seeing this as i'm doing the same thing right now, but my waterfall never gets above say 100x100 pixels on screen.. so i have a lot of leeway to do it via texture animated uvws, animated noise on the mesh, and some fun layered textures for the foam and froth and the "splash down"

If you're going to be up close and personal, realflow/particle flow/glue3d may be needed. that gets to be a bit more of a hassle, and still requires a lot of the same layered texture/uvw tricks, but gives you a better starting mesh to work with than your standard spline cage / Surface Modifier...

no choice at all?:confused: I mean from a primitive object like box modeling.. Here is the image for more clarification.. Something like this doesnt come out from particle flow system, if I have not mistaken. I have checked the poly count, it reaches up to 130K faces.

test.jpg

Realflow is somewhat confusing to learn, is there any tutorial for this one?

You can probably get a particle system to closely emulate this faster. If it doesn't need to be animated, then even better.

If you haven't played around with particle systems, then just look in the Max User Reference or seach on-line for a tutorial. RF has quite a steep learning curve....so look out!

Thanks Claudio & Dave for this tips of yours.;)

I think I need to find needles on haystack for this thing to practice.

"To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable, stay in touch, Don't isolate" MJ