New Klokwerks website goes live!!

Klokwerks

That is some pretty crazy animation for your website. It looks pretty nice overall. I would have preferred to have a link to your projects gallery be a more clear. Maybe a link at the bottom or something?

Looks good though.

Really nice layout of website. I love your intro animations. The only niggle I feel is when the gallery pops up in a separate window, feel this would be better if opened on the same page. or even the cinema screen.

Oh FFS. Not for me.

This is like going into a shop to buy a Snickers bar and the shopkeeper picks one up, but does a back flip, the splits and jumps up and down whilst rapping before he hands it over.

Just give me the f****** chocloate!

Sorry, I didn't get as far as seeing one of your images, but I'm sure they're great.

Although it is definitely something original in terms of web design (from my point of view, at least) I tend to agree with Dibbers...

Too many bells and whistles for a site that should primarily focus on showing a portfolio and a company profile.

Just my 2c...

Fantastic flash work but I agree with the above two comments, way too many bells and whistles for my liking. I just wanted to know what you did and the quality of your images which to was too complicated to find.

Holy mackerel that was about as dramatic of an intro as I've seen for archvis! And I've seen dramatic. I had to watch it a couple of times to enjoy all of the little animated bits going on! Especially liked the flat screen getting slapped on the wall. LOL! Of course, whether it's too over the top is obviously debatable. I see there are a few here that have even been annoyed by it. If you are looking for specific constructive crits, here are my 2 cents:

With all of the animation work that went into the home screen, board room and VIP lounge, the "contact us" module and "launch gallery" areas are a bit of a disappointment. At the least, their look and feel should be consistent with the rest of the modules, as it is, it looks as if it was kind of an afterthought. I had to dig a little to find the "launch gallery" button. I'd suggest making it softly glow and pulse the glow ever so slightly if that's the point of the VIP lounge. The theater screen with the animated text is nice, but not sure of the purpose, I'd recommend playing a reel there, or displaying the demo work there instead of another window as Kyle was kind enough to point out. Boardroom is nice, but the laptop should open of it's own accord and not make the viewer hunt. Unless you are trying to make the website a game, the viewer should not have to guess and blindly click around too much. Lastly, if you are going to leave the dramatic intro animation to each scene, I would at the very least, have some way to skip it or automatically skip it if the viewer has already seen it once. This reminds me of the early days of flash when everyone in college put a 2 minute intro animation in front of their websites and there was no way to skip past it. Once is plenty, and even then, a "skip intro" button should be handy.

As Maxer mentioned, you have a pretty unique site and with a little bit of polishing, it could also be highly usable besides being highly entertaining! :)

While I completely understand the aforementioned comments regarding the navigation diffuculties/bells and whistles etc, I think that in this industry there is nothing wrong with stepping out of the box and doing something creative.

Having said that I think that the "vip lounge" link is confusing, I had no idea that was the gallery and when I got in there and found the gallery link I got the sense that the navigation could really use some work.

I did a fair bit of web design at uni and they encouraged using interesting link names to avoid the whole "gallery" "contact us" cliche but they still have to be interpreted by your client who are likely to be alot less savvy than we are.

oh and did I miss it or was there no way to turn off the music?

Well I think its awesome. I love the popcorn and coffee gimmicks...however, gimmicky they are, they are done in your media and show that you can do it well.

I agree that the image galleries are a little bit of a letdown after all the impressive animation tricks to get there. But I think that is more due to a lack of volume rather than lack of quality. Get a bunch more stuff into (easier to find) galleries and I think you have a real nice site.

Well, I can tell you, your site definitely has got attitude, but I think it lacks the ability to hold the attention of the viewer. I love the animations to each page, but what happens after that. The question is, who do you want to impress, us, fellow cgartist (btw, I am impressed!! 100%) or clients and potential clients.

IMO on a dynamic visual site such as this you need to keep the interaction with viewer.

Here is a site that I have linked many of times here at cga, its my fav because it keeps the viewers attention, wanting more, even the viewer does nothing. go to the basics menu and let it run for 5 min, you'll get the idea.

If you change you site to interact in this way, you'll blow everyone's mind, not just the cga community.

G'luck

http://www.shaveeverywhere.com/index_bg.html

ps. its a phillips shaver marketing site and not a p0rn site

Well, I can tell you, your site definitely has got attitude, but I think it lacks the ability to hold the attention of the viewer. I love the animations to each page, but what happens after that. The question is, who do you want to impress, us, fellow cgartist (btw, I am impressed!! 100%) or clients and potential clients.

IMO on a dynamic visual site such as this you need to keep the interaction with viewer.

Here is a site that I have linked many of times here at cga, its my fav because it keeps the viewers attention, wanting more, even the viewer does nothing. go to the basics menu and let it run for 5 min, you'll get the idea.

If you change you site to interact in this way, you'll blow everyone's mind, not just the cga community.

G'luck

http://www.shaveeverywhere.com/index_bg.html

ps. its a phillips shaver marketing site and not a p0rn site

That phillips site probably cost half a million to make.

I'll take two! :p I was being sarcastic about the Phillips site to make a point. :)

Yeah, but I'm being serious! Thanks for the order, your sites will be ready in 2 weeks. I'll look for your 30% deposit in the mail!

I think the Klokwerks site is almost there, its just the graphical interaction thats needed.

BTW dgolden, I expect a finders fee/commission for you're sale :D

You guys accept cashiers checks from my bank in a far away country? :D

I'll make it out for 200k and you keep 120k for your troubles then send me the rest.

I that it is commendable that you have put so much into your site and the intro animations look excellent however, it was way too slow to load therefore stifling the way that I navigated the site. Also, the navigation is really unclear and even though I did persevere with the site (if it was another site I would have shut it down within the first 30 seconds) I couldn't get the animations to play.

The only thing I would suggest you should think about is how a potential client might view your site especially if they have 10 other 3D sites to look at to make a decision on which 3D company to go with.

You guys accept cashiers checks from my bank in a far away country? :D

I'll make it out for 200k and you keep 120k for your troubles then send me the rest.

i know of a very little island far away from you that might work, its called Britain :D and they name their money after weights to make it sound heavy :D