The NEW VRAY RT

Koper

You may have to deal with tax but i'm not sure...

The Australian Govt. is giving a 50% rebate on capital expenditures till June 30 too which mean VrayRT is half price (plus the earlybird discount) for me...as well as everything else...

...especially when you have unlimited network nodes for DR support

You only have max.10 DR nodes, just as with VRay. Next to that it is wise to use max.2-3 machines for RT-DR rendering. Beyond that things are drastically slowing down because of network traffic overhead.

The VM store list it at $299 and the chaos site list it as 249euros which means we here in Europe pay a bit more, or can we pay in dollars from here in europe at the VM store?

If Vismasters fixes their shipping option (now you can only order with shipping which is an error since it can be downloaded), you will save. I still think the price difference is rediculous: I do like supporting local economy, but I think this dollar-euro thing should be solved first. You are a fool (like me :o:o) if you don't order this thing in $$$.

I'm using it right now.

Speed is good, even on large (few M poly)scenes ! Even on a single Quad !

There are some color differences between VRay renders and RT, mostly within reflection, when using Store In Irr.map with VRay lights, and some more, but once you get used to that it won't bother and they will hopefully fix it in the next update. Best is to report everything you notice as weird: VRay became so powerful because of userfeedback, and since RT is a first release I expect more quirks !

Proxies, SSS, 3rd party shaders and some more things are NOT (yet !!) supported. But again, let yourself hear (meaning mail support) if you really need it, and they will probably find a solution for the next update !!

I haven't tested DR since I am on some large projects and don't want to risk ruining my installs, so I am only testing on my home machine. Would like to hear some experiences on what is the best setup for DR though !! One of the problems is that RT uses it's own memory for loading the scene: when starting a normal VRay render, RT stops rendering but the memory is not released. If you have enough memory this is of course not a problem, but I would like an option for that !