Rendering line drawings using Photoshop

ruds

Hi guys,

Was just wondering if anyone could give me a quick run down on the most commonly used photoshop tools for rendering interior perspectives. I modelled the perspectives in sketchup and then traced over them using differing line weights. I will upload a scan when I get around to it.

I usually render stuff by hand but I have a fair number of perspectives to render (around 15) so I figured I will do them by photoshop. I was going to use some textures for the flooring but overall I don't want to create a realistic look just enough to communicate the feel of the space.

I watched the following video:

which was posted on these forums a while ago which have been quite helpful but i'm looking for some more help! I would like to create a "rough" look - not too polished. I am currently scanning the forums for some more tutorials/tips like this.

Edited by ruds
Edit: I have photoshp CS2

Ruds,

I have some more stuff I will post soon (although, I thought that a mongth ago too!)... just waiting for a few projects to go public. Best thing you could do in my opinion is to really get a feel for your tablet, download or make your own brushes and start painting... best way to teach yourself this stuff is to experiment and develop a work-flow that suits you.

also, if you are interested, take a look at Gnomon and download some of the tutorials from the photoshop section. It doesn't all apply directly to colouring linework, but it helps to see the technique and mindset of some of the pros like Dylan Cole, etc...

Upload your scan when you get a chance or your progress and I'm sure people will lend a hand...

-JI