"Replace Footage" in Premiere ??

BrianKitts

Is it possible to replace or retarget existing clips in Premiere?

I'm working on an animation that has two options and I want to setup the entire animation (transitions, effects, corrections etc...)with one set of frames, then once complete save it out then swap out the input files so I don't have to do the whole thing twice.

It's easy with AE, you just use the "replace footage" option.... but I'm not finding something comprable for Premiere....

It's been awhile, but I'm pretty sure you can relink footage, normally if you right click on the footage in the assets window (or whatever it's called) you 'll see the options to locate the frames. The other alternative would be to simply move all of your old frames and replace them in the exact same spot with the same names and have premiere pick them up automatically.

The other alternative would be to simply move all of your old frames and replace them in the exact same spot with the same names and have premiere pick them up automatically.

That was my original workaround I've got two identical folder sets with all the segments in them, and I was going to rename the root so that Premiere couldn't find the files the next time I opened it, and then I'd manually relink them, but I thought it was worth seeking out the proper way.

• 3 weeks later...