Beach House...Interior

videep

To Stan:

ThankYou for replying.

Actually the curains ar there for looks. I shall add some fabric to them and side them to one of the corners.

Also can you tell me something about the camera??

I feel the view is a little cramped!!

Thankyou for replying.

icon1.gif Re: Beach House...Interior

Much better, but the horizon is still tilted.

When your vertical lines are parallell, like in your image, the horizon should be exactly in the middle of your image. But most important - it needs to be horizontal.

Horizon line is where your vanishing point is. not necessarily in the middle. this is where all horizontal lines converges. to roughly gauge where the horizon line is, draw an imaginary line extending 2 opposite sides of your table, where this lines intersect, thats your horizon line.

ThankYou for replying Tristan.

Here is the changed view, Camera and target to 1.3m above the ground. I have actuall posted a similar render a few pages back when i got a crit that the ceiling is awfully visible so i had to change the camera targets height.

Here there is a similar problem where a lot of ceiling can be seen.

So any more ideas of tips that can help me??

Some more crits please...

ThankYou...:)

ThankYou for replying Tristan.

Here is the changed view, Camera and target to 1.3m above the ground. I have actuall posted a similar render a few pages back when i got a crit that the ceiling is awfully visible so i had to change the camera targets height.

Here there is a similar problem where a lot of ceiling can be seen.

when they crit regarding the image, they suggested that you crop your image and not change the angle.if you compare this image side by side with your previous one, you'll see the difference. looks better to me. just make sure your horizon is really horizontal. hope my 2 cents was of help. cheers.

To Tristan:

Aah was being so stupid to change the camera angle.

but was just wondering that if i would crop th image, then it wont look like a portrait.

So should i just crop a little??

If yo say that this image is better, i shall just crop a few cms out.

Also Your advise was of much help to me.

Please do also crit about the other things as well...

ThankYou

Hello everyone,

In the image below, i have cropped it a little so that much of the ceiling is not visible.

To make it look like a portrait view i cropped off few cms from both the sides.

Here's the render

Please do crit.

ThankYou..:)

Looking really good. How did you do the mat under the table? It looks a little off to me...It looks like there is a round shadow on the mat, but i'm not sure where the shadow is coming from.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by reptar

To Peter:

Thankyou for replying. Actually for the mat, i used a displacement map.

What do you suggest? Vray fur?

Did you also take a look at the render with simple fabric curtain?

Do you like the one with window blinds?

ThankYou

Havent had much experience with Vray Fur im affraid. Maybe someone else can help you out there.

The curtains are too perfect for me. A little imperfection goes a long way. Where are the curtain rails? :) Are they intended to have a little transparency so that you can slightly see the background image? They look like they are thin curtains and look like they are being lit from behind so maybe a little transparency might add a touch more realism. Just my opinions though...

I really like the lighting. It matches the outside light quite nicely.

Edited by reptar

Thankyou peter, just would like to say that the render which has curtains, has the railing, but in the last render, the one with window blinds, the railing is iinside a small brown pelmet that runs along the wall...

Also the shadow that you can see is actually not a shadow, but the carpet is made in a different style. the round thing is a capet only.

Any more crits?

Edited by videep

Hmm, its difficult to see the track which the blinds slide up and down along. To me, it looks like a long box. Are these venetian blinds? If so, each blind should be a little wider and you'll notice on most venetian blinds, that the blinds are attached at the bottom by a beaded thread to keep them together. Have a look at google images to find examples.

Hope this helps.

I am not going to comment on the image, but rather on the crit process.

Remeamber this is your image, so take on board what people are suggesting, evaluate for yourself if its valid and then implement it or dont if its not valid. You dont need to do everything everyone says. You will loose ownership and in the end have a poorer image.

This is progressing, just keep control of it

jhv

To Kathleen,

Thankyou for your advise. Actually i tried to apply different images, the one that could fit the best is the one that i have applied.

If you have any suggetions for a bg, please do let me know.

To Justin:

Thankyou for replying to this thread.

Actually even i was thinking of the same, as now if i continue to make changes, then will take a long time to make my portfolio.

I would also like if you comment a little on the image or rate it on the scale of 10.

Everyone:

Please crit or comment and if possible, rate it on the scale of 10.

Thankyou..

Here's the image:

It is a nice scene in my opinion but..the curtains are not long enough in both images.

For a portfolio it is ok. but I can imagine that an architect really can't see what you are capable of, because there is only a small portion of the building to see.

And then every detail is important.

Maybe finish this one, and then continue with the next portfolio render