Room Scene (Lightwave rendered, Radiosity)

minus

Heyas... been a while since I posted anything here. :) -- But on top of that... *no one* has posted *anything* here since I last did! I know Lightwave can make a kickass render so post em if you got em! :)

I did this one here last Saturday... I'll be adding more to it as I model the stuff.

rackroom_2bounc.jpg

Great to see another Lightwaver here. Looks well textured and lighting is great, can you post any settings (rayd intensity....) and rendertime (on a Mac i assume). I'm working on getting acceptable results (rendertime - quality) for my indoor renderings.

ingo

www.im-graphics.com

Hey minus, my telephone's gone mad, can you help me ? ;)

Nope not on a Mac :) That is just my name. ;)

Rendertimes were a bit high at about 3 hours or so but that is on a dual AMD 2000 system with 512 MB ram. 1 point light outside lighting the scene... Low enhanced AA with adaptive sampling turned off. -- I think rays were set at 8 by (11?) or somewhere around there.

You'll have to call your phone co. about your phone probs.. grrrrrr.. ;)

A point light as the sun ? How about using a distant light or even an area light , but i'm not sure if that puts your rendertime down. It seems that you used full Monte Carlo raydiosity with 8x24 rays, thats why the quality is so good, and rendertime so long.

Guest frameload

Hi minus

Nice image...........also its good too see some work done with lightwave.

You should be able to reduce that 3hrs by using a set-up similar to this;

set the antialiasing to enhanced medium and switch on normal motion blur (helps get rid of grain).

bring down your rays to 2x6 or 3x9, use the monte carlo option.

the render time should be a alot quicker.........and give you similar results.

how many bouncs did you use??

Richard

www.frameload.com

• 1 month later...

I changed the colors of some of the walls, but haven't gotten around to rendering yet with high quality settings. -- I have plans to model more furniture and shelves and that...but I've been working on other projects. Here is a small update.

rackroombluegreen.jpg

My appologies if it loads slow... seems my server right now is flakey.