autocad installation

Del

hi, I'm trying to install on Windows 98 and get the AC1ST15.DLL required message. I know I have to change the autoexec.bat path but how? Do I just type c:\progr~1\common~\autode~1 in the file? I tried but can't make it work and looked on the Autodesk site and followed troubleshooting instructions. Can someone explain step by step what I should do please! Thanks for your help.

Del

Hi Del

The line c:\progr~1\common~1\autode~1 has to be added to the path name as follows:

Open up Explorer

Right click on the file autoexec.bat, select edit

Add the following line

SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AUTODE~1

Save the file

Restart the system and see if this works.

You might also consider using Windows 2000 for the AutoCAD at some stage to improve stability and performance.

Hope this works for you.

Regards

Kerry Thompson

Hi Kerry

Thank you for that advice, I still can't get it to work though. Guess I should try it with 2000 instead. By the way, I am a beginner and have seen week long courses with a City & Guilds exam at the end (4351-01) it costs £1000, is this a good idea to help me become a technician or am I better off learning from a book? Thank you again for any thoughts, I appreciate it so much as I have noone to ask and would like to learn enough to work in the industry eventually.

Del