tricky 3d...how to do this?

salf

Been trying to do that for the longest time. Haven't figured out how to draw a helix in Autocad yet.

Only one I have ever seen is a series of short PLines that forms the spiral. Might be an imported file, or the guy spent a sh#t load of time drawing it manually.

Hope we get a reply for this.

hi There

salf,

here is a Link to a Google search result for "spiral.lsp" which will draw a 3d spiral

i guess you would need to extrude a circle along This Path to create a 3d solid

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=spiral%2Elsp

Try using Google search engine for anything or everything, it is amazing Tool to get used to

Thanks

Randy

Alright - good solution - the lisp thing...

I just tried if I could do it manually and ran into some problems Iv´e encountered before but have been able to work around it: ACad wil not extrude along a 3d spline and will not extrude along a splined 3d-poly and also an extrusion along a non-splined 3dpoly is of course not smooth.

I Use ADT so the railing is not a problem but how do you do a smooth 3D extrusion anyway?

I haven´t solved the spline to polyline problem - any tips?

i don't know but, have you seen some of ACAD's sample dwgs? (they're included upon installation) Under the samples folder, you'll find the"R300-20.dwg" file. In it is a mechanical drawing that has a spring. I believe who ever made it didn't use any lisp commands. I tried it myself using series of arcs and i eventualy did it, but it did took me some time though.

Anyways, using lisps maybe the best idea since we need things done the quickest way.

Goodluck cya ;)

thanks alot guys, for the help!

I did try a search before asking help in here, and it didnt work for the following reasons:

1- I used the terms "spirals", "autocad", "how to" or "tutorials", and of all the millions of links the first 10 or so wasnt what i was looking for.

2- I didnt used the extension .lsp, because i have no idea what a .lsp is....im gionna find out now when i get home to practice that.

Once again, thanks.

:)