Vray RT...worth the purchase ?

martin walker

I had the same question before I bought it.

It is a very usefull tool.

The bosses love it, they lovr seeing models fly around in real time. It's exelllent for lighting set ups. Proxies and vray edge material do not work yet, but is a cheap investment for what it will be in the future.

Phil

Edited by philip kelly

RT: Vray Real Time: It is a plugin to Vray, allows you to have a It is basicly a preview render engine, that allows you to do your adjustements on the fly, cam settings, light intensity and position, work your materials.. with immediate real time feedback.. once you are happy with the preview results, you can render the final image with Vray.

DR: distributed rendering: A way that Vray ( or other render engines) handles a single image on many computers.. if you are in an office with 10 computers, you can use that processing power on one image. Wich brings down the render time.

thinking of buying RT....is it as good as it looks ?

I don't do much archviz these days, but for my use (product viz, illustration and VFX mainly) I find it a huge time saver. The fact that you get immediate feedback from all paramter changes in materials or lights means the constant test-rendering is almost a thing of the past. I can't imagine going back to not using it.

Well, everytime you move the camera it renders, so that was a few seconds after moving it. The noise is it giving updates and the quality gets better and better in seconds. Eventually, depending on materials and such it will look like a v-ray render w/out noise. I'll post another shot for you to see. I'm not very good at modeling but hopefully you will see or go on youtube and search for v-ray rt to see it working in real time.