First house for show reel

Snareth

Hey yall!! found time today to work on my images, finished of the lounge render, still have a little bit of post work to do on the kitchen, but its not far away :) C&C's are always welcomed!! also have a couple of new projects goin that i shall post up soon :) cheerio.......:D

Hey Gareth -

Its looking good, but I have a couple crits for you. I work in vRay, so I'll let people with some MR knowledge fill you in on any lighting issues, but the couple things that caught my eye:

- I can see the repeated texture on the fireplace stone. I find stonework like that to be one of the hardest things to hide the repeat on, but to me yours looks really pixelated. Try finding a bigger image, I mean one with better resolution, or build your own in photoshop from various other photos of rocks. That may actually work out well, because you can color the grout whatever color you want, etc. Its also really handy for making displacement maps and whatnot.

- The drapes. I know you are trying to make them look flow-y and fabric-y, but they just don't look natural in this image, and I keep being distracted by them. Material is ok, its the modeling.

- Pocket lights in the ceiling: if the are supposed to be on, make them brighter. If not, make sure they look darker. They are coming off really flat right now.

- Tile floor reflection: The light is hitting it really well, but when I do things like this, I make sure to get some of the color from my background into the reflection. Its way to glossy to get any distinct reflection, but I like to indicate color. Flip your exterior window image over in photoshop, blur it a ton with a guassian blur, and make it really transparent on the floor. Cut around the rug and everything, and it will help tie the background into the image just a tiny bit better to make it really believable.

Keep us update, and good job!

Hey Matt

Thanks for the awesome critiques!! just what ive been needing, i'll be sure to post up my progress once ive made the changes. also i had a look at the work on your website, you guys have a fantastic style to your art work.....love it!!:D