help with blocks =)

Cesar R

Hi Cesar R

Blocks in AutoCAD 2000 and above can be renamed using the command "rename". This opens a dialogue which allows you to select and rename blocks.

As far as removing them is concerned, provided the blocks are not referenced in the file, the command "purge" will allow you to delete any unused blocks.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kerry Thompson

Hi Cesar,

Kerry is right. To complete his comment I can only add that u can modify block using following AutoCAD commands: choose: Modify -> In-place Xref and Block edit -> Edit reference. Than pick your block, choose element(s) u want to modify and do it. But remember: once u modify one block all copys will be corrected as well. U can also purge the drawing when u execute AutoCAD "wblock" command. Best regards.

Hi Cesar,

Use: Modify -> In-place Xref and Block edit -> Edit reference. Than pick your block, choose element(s) u want to modify and do it. U may explode block then make it again with new insertion poit and the same name. AutoCAD asks u to redefine block - answer yes, all used block (with the same name) will change their insertion points. Thats all. Once I saw a lisp routine which allows to change the isertion point without expoloding but I don't remember where... Look in Autodek resources. U must register first in Autodesk Point A program. Best regards.