Motion Tracking

Devin Johnston

Is anyone familiar enough with motion tracking software namely MatchMover to explain to me how the coordinate system works? I just can't figure it out, the tutorials don't make since and I can't find any additional material on the subject other than what Autodesk provides. I don't understand how they are choosing their origin and axis points, need some help please.

I am not sure how matchmover works but the best solution in my opinion (very cheap also) is Syntheyes! It's extremely easy to work with, very fast and accurate, and as an added bonus it has it's own scripting language that makes customization of exporters a breeze :)

:( I know I am not helping here...

Thanks Anton, that web site is the same one I've been working with but the section on coordinate systems just doesen't make since to me. Also since this is an autodesk product you'd think they'd be able to make it work with 3D Studio without to much hassle. I also own SynthEyes although it's an older version but I though Match Mover would have been a more advanced motion tracker which is why I wanted to try to use it.