Is anyone running Backburner over Windows Server 2008?

TSuess

If so, how do you have it configured? Every node on our Backburner farm works perfectly except for the servers running Windows Server 2008.

I have an idea that it may be due to the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration on Windows Server 2008.

Any helpful hints at all would be greatly appreciated.

That error just means your server's video card does not support direct 3d. Are you plugged directly into the server or are you viewing it through remote desktop? Boot max using the "Switch graphics mode" option and switch to OpenGL.

(RDP doesn't work with direct3D, so if you are remote that's the reason, otherwise it's a videocard limitation)

I am viewing the server through remote desktop. These servers were orignally purchased for DBR. And there has been no problem with that.

Do I need to upgrade the graphics cards in order to run Backburner?

Also How do I boot max in Switch Graphics Mode?

I really appreciated your help Brian.

Thanks,

Tom

Windows Server 2008 has something called "Internet Explorers enhanced Internet Security" I'm wondering if that is disrupting Backburner somehow. I may need to turn that off. Also do I have to be running Backburner Server under an Administrator Account?

I've heard a numner of people say you cannot run Backburner Server on Windows Server 2008. Ugh! I'm starting to believe them. I don't want to have to install a new OS in all these machiens but I may have to.

-Tom