ACAD refresher

markf

Hi,

I'm a 3D Studio Max user. I have drafted construction documents, but I stopped using ACAD at release 12.

I am now going to try to "help out" and do some 2D architectural drafting. Floor plans, elevations, sections etc.

I am seeking any advice or recommendations for books, tutorials, publications etc that will help me get back up to speed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

The 2D part of ACAD hasn't changed that much in quite a few releases really (there are only so many ways to draw a line, after all). I would say that all the commands that you used way back then still work today (I use the keyboard like 90% of the time, so I'm going by that). There are probably easier/faster ways to do some things than back in R12, but nothign that should actually STOP you form working.

If you already know ACAD, I would just think that the help file is good enough... and possibly just go down the list of commands in the drop-down menus and try them out and familiarize yourself with the new dialog boxes that pop up (like Hatch and Array, etc).

for a quick + concise 'refreshment' of the acad architectural workflow (layers, elevations, sections, axonometrics), visit the accustudio website, tutorials section.

download the 'crash course' for accustudio (pdf files).

hope this helps