Crashing bug?

CHE

AutoCAD keeps crashing on me :mad: . This only happens when I'm modeling with 3d faces. The error message is:

FATAL ERROR: UNHANDED ACCESS VIOLATION READING 0X005 EXEPTION AT 6562b73dh

This is getting really annoying :mad: . Does anyone know how to fix this? I really need help. Thank you.

I'm runing Windows 2000 Pro. This is happening very often. I always end up with 5 to 8 recover files. :mad: Is only doing this when I model with 3d faces.

:???: Is happening at work and at home (Windows XP pro sp1. HELP!!!!! :(

[ October 09, 2002, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: CHE ]

Is it happening only to this one file you are working on? after a specific command that you repeat in different files? or just randomly?

This is what I'm trying to get to:

• If its just this single file, than there is something wrong with it (could be lots of things). If all cleaning attempts didn't work, and it keeps on crashing, try to copy and paste only the objects that you need to a nnew file. Turn off all layers that you don't need, or has no objects in them. Try to keep your 0,0 by using paste to original coordinate option.
    If that doesn't work try WBLOCK command to create a new file from the needed geometry.
    Another option, which worked for me in the past, is to save it as an earlier version (r14 if you work in 2000 or 2002) and open it again. If nothing works, try posting this file, so we can try on our machines.
  • If its after specific comands then you might be missing something in your ACAD installation... if it is the case post those commands.
  • If randomly, or the above, try reinstalling ACAD I guess.

Good luck.

Hi CHE!

Try this link: http://support.autodesk.com/enu/Homepage.asp

There are some big fixes to AutoCAD but I do not know which version you use. Generally, AutoCAD 2002 is more stable then the previous releases. You can exclude ram problem in case of crashing AutoCAD at work and at home, assuming that you have different configurations. Test your ram, check the swapfile, disk fragmentation. If you have some additional software working with AutoCAD, the BubbleCAD for instance; disable or uninstall it. Sometimes AutoCAD crashes when you work in shading mode on. Best regards.

I really don't know how to explain this problem to y'all. I'm sure that this is not a file error because it happens with all my 3d face models. First I thought that it was a command error, because it crashed after manually saving or Autosave, but the again it started crashing for whatever reason, sometimes after typing in a command, exiting orbit and so on. :???: so I think it happens randomly. I do use Quikpik in both pc's so I don't know if that has something to do with this problem. I work mostly on wire frame but I do use shade mode often. I guess I'll disable Quikpik and see if that helps. I'll look for updates as well, but I'm almost sure that the program is up to date. Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciated it.

p.s. I'm runing AutoCAD 2002.

PC at work: DELL Optiplex GX110 Windows 2000 pro SP2

PC at home: IWILL XP333-R, AMD 2000+, OCZ 756MB PC 3000, Quadro 2 Pro, Windows XP pro SP1

[ October 10, 2002, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: CHE ]

I send you a fix on yor priv mail if you please. But please, check your software subject to Autodesk Knowledge Base $ FAQ. It looks like memory problem. Something (TSR maybe?) conflict with AutoCAD. Take a chance and try to test your file on different comp or pure system. Best regards.

P.S.

If you are preparing model for LS try to model with solids then explode them and remove unwanted regions. It works.

Wojciech Klepacki,

Please send the fix to pachecojake@ameritech.net , I will appreciate it. Do you really think that is a Memory problem? I mean, I have tested the models on 2 different pc's, (at work and my workstation at home). Believe me, they have very different configurations.

I'm modeling for MAX and VIZ, I used to model with solids but I wanted to give 3d face's modeling a try. I guess I'll go back to solids or just forget about AutoCAD all together and do everything in MAX once and for all. I'll give a try to your fix. Thank you very much.

Wojciech Klepacki,

AutoCAD was up to date so the fix didn't do a thing to it. Some how I think that is a hardware problem, but I really don't understand why is happening in two different PC's. My video card is an Elsa Gloria III (at home) so I decided to uninstall the Elsa drivers and try out the XP certified NVIDIA drivers, but it didn't make a difference. It keeps crashing and crashing and crashing...... :(

It only happens with 3d faces, I don't have problems at all when I'm working with solids or 2d operations. This is really weird. anyhow, I'll send you the file. Thank you for your time and help.