Introduction

RickHebert

Hello all

I just found this forum and just looking around it appears to be a great resource for CG.

I am in Industrial Technology in the Oilfield by trade, but I have used ACAD for construction drawings, and Photoshop & 3dsMax with former employers to create graphics for many things including 3D models for technical and instruction manuals and the web.

I liked Max so much I bought 3DsMax4 when it was just hot off the press for my own personal use and to do some sideline graphics work.

I used Max in my spare time to dabble with and became familiar with the jargon and learned some FX techniques, but didn't get to apply them much with the type of things I was doing.

Then I found myself unemployed as of March 09 after years in the oilfield, and now I am retraining myself in Architecture and Visualization jargon and techniques.

I have done things like that before just to play around, but I want to learn the nuts and bolts of Max so to speak.

I have been doing some part time drafting work at a small welding company lately, and when I am off I spend most of my time with CG stuff of some kind or another.

I found 3DATS, love their books and they lead me to this forum.

I am currently building my first CG Architectural Visualization, a residence from a set of ACAD dwgs a contractor aquaintence shared with me, and my first big challenge is the roof, which has seven ridges of various pitches.

I think I will approach it as if they were seven individual roofs, unless I might find 3DATS training might teach a better way.

Or if anyone here has suggestions I will read them all.

Thanks and have a happy new year

• 2 weeks later...