Computer can't handle 3d?

braddewald

My colleague's computer has AutoCAD 2009 installed on it and the 2d works fine. When she moves into 3d however the program starts to glitch and leave large white distortions across her cursor's path. Is this a RAM issue? Is getting more ram installed on the computer going to fix anything? Is this the problem at all? Is there another fix? Is it the graphics card? Thanks in advance!

You'll get a more accurate response if you post the specifics of the machine, but I'd hazard a guess that its the graphics card as its a display problem. It may be an adequate card witht he wrong 3d driver (if you're lucky). Find out what the card is.

does it only happen when there is a large number of faces, or just line work? im not too convince that it is the graphics card, my home pc has a really good graphics card, but an average cpu, but my work pc has no graphics card at all, it runs onboard graphics through the ram but it has a better cpu than mine and the work pc runs a lot better than my home pc (autocad in 3d), even after my expensive graphics card. dont get me wrong, having a graphics card will make it run smoother/faster, im just saying that the speed is more to do with ur cpu, and keeping it running smooth is up to how much ram u got.