Vray Proxy

TomElcott

Hey Guys,

Im interested in working with the Vray Proxy function for a large scene, the only problem i have is that once i have the object i want to become the proxy, i do the V-ray mesh export, then when i bring it into my scene it looses all the textures and becomes one flat standard colour... It takes on the object colour an object has before you put a texture on it...

Can anyone help me with retaining the textures on a Proxy?

Have you tried reapplying the original texture. Proxies can have any texture you want to apply to it, it just keeps the material IDs of the polygons when you made the proxy so that you can randomise materials for multiple proxies if you want.

Thanks uddie! That worked, it was actually quite simple once i realized the proxy keeps the material IDs of the polygons...

@ ericanyetei : you cant really say which is the best... its more a personal preference in my opinion... I like V-Ray, It suites my work flow and gives great results with architecture...

• 2 weeks later...

go to the material befor u export ur proxy save the material of the poly or your mesh u wonna export ( like: multi/sub-object) take care with the numbers and export your mesh check the automaticlly creat proxies and then you put the material on it that's all.

i hope u inderstand my bad english :-)