Support Thread for 3DATS FREE V-Ray Videos

Jeff Mottle

• Administrators

I think your download did not download properly or completely. I just downloaded here and did not have any problems and the ZIP file opened fine. You'll have to download it again. I would also recommend getting a browser plugin (if you use FF) that allows for auto-resume as it sounds like your internet connection has some connection issues which are corrupting the download.

i thought codecs were for your media player? this file won't unzip at all so there is no file for me to play.

I suspect Jeff is right...your download must have been corrupted, but the file on the server is fine. It's been downloaded over a 1000 times already and there's been no other problems reported. It happens.

I watched a video tutorial from 3dats about 3months ago. It was awesome. I was just sent another link (newsletter) but whenever i try to click on one of the links, or view the website an error "bad request" comes up, and blocks my web browser from viewing the site. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

I am having several issues with the contents of interior_lighting.zip files. quicktimes appear to be corrupt. If I try to open them they don't ever display anything(video card driver issue? I don't know?). I have the latest version of quicktime. both max files crash max upon loading the files but I have been able to merge part of the model into a new scene. some part of the model is causing the error. I haven't narrowed down what yet. From the wmv video that is working, it appears the tutorialist is using a beta of Max and has natFX. I am not running a beta and I don't have natFX. Could this be the problem? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I am having several issues with the contents of interior_lighting.zip files. quicktimes appear to be corrupt. If I try to open them they don't ever display anything(video card driver issue? I don't know?). I have the latest version of quicktime. both max files crash max upon loading the files but I have been able to merge part of the model into a new scene. some part of the model is causing the error. I haven't narrowed down what yet. From the wmv video that is working, it appears the tutorialist is using a beta of Max and has natFX. I am not running a beta and I don't have natFX. Could this be the problem? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I used a beta during the recording but I uploaded Max 9 support files. natFX is not used in the tutorial and is not needed. The Max files can be opened in Max 9 or anything later. We've had thousands of downloads and only one other mention of a problem. In that case, it was a wrong video driver being used with Max....once changed, there weren't any crashes. We've never had anyone mention issues with the Quicktime files, so I would have to guess you definitely have some video driver problems to resolve.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I too am facing the same kinda problems as the ones posted by Brad. none of the max files are opening & the QT files don't show anything.

I am using Max 9 64bit & the max files from the Exterior tutorial don't have the same problem.

Any solutions would be appreciated. Thanx

• 1 year later...