Reggia di Caserta - Naboo Palace

stekkaman

Very nice job :)

And it is also very refreshing to see that not everyone here is using Max/Vray nowadays :)

Are you using pure Lightwave, or some plugins like LWcad etc?

I've never heard of Felixrender before. The info on their webpage wasn't very informative. Could you share some thoughts on how to combine it with LW?

Neither did I understand their pricing...

Is it some kind of Maxwell render farm?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi bjornkn, thanks for your appreciation.

I only used lightwave for this model , the only plugin are my eyes:).

In some rare cases i used rhino, for example, to build some vaults.

Combining Felix with LW is very simple, it is sufficient to build a 3d model with a proper distribution of materials. When the model is finished we must triple the polygons and import everything in Felix, which recognizes the division into layers. To have some lights (ex. in some interiors) you must create polygons whit the normal in the direction of light. If you want to put people and plants in the scene you place triangles for each person / plant.

In Felix you assign the materials, using a very large shared library or creating your new materials.

About pricing: the software is free. To use it you have to buy some credits that you consume doing renderings. The consumption depends on the size and quality that you chose for the pictures.

Felix is based on Maxwell Render, the calculation of your rendering is done by many computers that process it, and then send it quicklyto you through the network. Your computer never remains occupied by calculations.;)

Everything ok?

bye bye

hello bjornkn, i forgot to tell you one thing, the cost also depends on the rendering speed you choose. In this case i did not hurry, so i used render speed 1x. Quality is the highest and resolution 1600 x 960. I paid 9.60 credits for each (9.60 euros each).

The highest quality (4) is recommended for interior scenes, while for exterior can use quality 3.:)

Not exactly cheap, but looks good. For this project you must have spent a small fortune already for rendering, if they are all rendered in Felix?

I'm quite happy with the LW renders, combined with sIBL and sometimes using linear color space with the excellent SG_CC color correction nodes that makes it easier to work with HDR/IBL.

But it is always nice to know about that Felix option :)

I've thought twice before deciding to use Felix. I considered that to achieve the same result i had to spend about 20,000 euros for hardware and software. Excluding updates ..

The quality of Maxwell Render needs a lot of computing power!:(