xfrog and terragen team

xfrog

I have a question... In Studio max 9 there was a direct plugin that would let import xfrog into Studio Max. We are on Max 2009 and now you do not seem to have that plugin. Am i missing something... Used to love your product, would really like to start using again.. Regards,

Arnold

Asylum Studio

that's a really great bundle price.

i've always been interested in xfrog, and to some extent terragen.

even though the retail price is tempting, can you give me an idea of academic cost ? probably just a single instructor license for now.

• 2 weeks later...
Russel, your a big fan of xfrog or Terragen?

xFrog! The fact that Autodesk offers most of the libraries already converted to Max is great as well. xFrog - Upside, gorgeous models and textures, downside larger file sizes, but with proxies these days, you can use pretty large files. I just find xFrog trees are more realistic than the competition.

I use to play with Terragen and loved it up to the point where I needed vegetation, then the program became not very useable for production. I have not used Terragen2 yet, so I have no comment there, pretty much use Vue for any landscapes these days.

P.S. I keep an old version of max on one of the workstations so that I can import xFrog into Max. I also forgot to mention there is an xFrog "tuning" program for reducing file size via poly reduction. But you still have to have a version around that has an import plugin available.

Edited by Russell L. Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

stewart.

here is my experience the last two weeks since you started this thread....

1.) i ask you a question and it doesn't get answered.

2.) i bump the thread and ask again - no answer.

3.) i PM you with the same question - no answer.

4.) i search the xfrog and terragen websites for info on academic pricing, and find an email contact through the terragen (planetside) website.

5.) send them an email inquiring about academic pricing.

6.) get a reply back that i need to contact xfrog for this.

7.) email xfrog last week inquiring about academic pricing.

8.) still no answer.