From VR to AR

seac02

yep but for serious work with AR with Linceo - 3420 EUR :confused: ? cmon - this work also can be done in processing or openframeworks or puredata or quartz composer or flartoolikt or blender which are opensources /or with lower budget with sketchup plugin,vvvv, maxmsp,derivative......./

i hope linceovr professional will be available for lower price couse looks like really good piece of software. /specially i like texture tracking feature/

Edited by martincg

hi martin,

thanks for your answer.

Software and tools you are mentioning are mainly addressed to achieve different results. Most of them are related to video and/or audio composting.

Just blender and flartoolkit do some of the things LinceoVR offers, and anyway not all-in-one in the same solution.

Regarding rendering, LinceoVR must be compared not to Blender but to products like

autodesk showcase, hypershot (or better, now to rayshot), RTT, and pricing should be compared to rendering professional tools like those.

it's realtime hyperrealistic rendering and integrated augmented reality that is different from audio or video processing.

regarding rendering, LinceoVR includes features like raytracing realtime, stereoscopy (to see in your model in 3D like in 3D cinemas), and many other feature though for

designers, as well as web agencies and web designers, marketing and sales managers.

said this, LinceoVR has something that others haven't, which is Augmented Reality.

You correctly mentioned Flartoolkit, which is a kit for AR web-based applications in Flash, but in such case the targets for the tracking can only be markers (not textures) and the graphic is not the professional graphic you get using LinceoVR.

In your post, you wish one might get the Professional for a lower price and that you like the texture trackng. Actually texture tracking can be purchased even with the 1 year license of LinceoVR 4 ALL for only further 99€

sure I meaned AR part you can do with EVERY software which I named - and model will be rendered through directx or opengl with baked textures + shaders ,not with realtime raytracing - but the clients dont care, they just want to see :-) /and this option is also more suitable for older gfx cards/

sure understand realtime raytracing have more posibilities (not only together with AR)

yes I see that option for texture tracking 4all version (but for serious work is still professional version needed) - what are the prices for optional fetures? or are they free ? cant find it in linceo homepage

or do you plan also version without realtime raytracing ?

Edited by martincg

Realtime raytracing is included in every version, you don't need to buy it a part and you can even don't use it. There's a button in the toolbar to run it. If you don't you have rendering without. There's also another advanced rendering feature, included in every version, that is the Ambient Occlusion.

Regarding optional features, they are not free. You can send an email to sales@sec02.it asking for modules you are interested and you will receive an answer quickly.