extra forum ideas?

STRAT

hi. i'd like to make a couple of forum suggestions pls -

1) an OffTopic room say under discissions or general - somewhere where we can discuss topics other than architecture for instance. maybe discussions on cgi in general, maybe something light hearted totally OT, maybe something interesting even completely non computer related?

2) a sketch or freehand section where we can post images we've done off the computer. non digital. i mean, in essence we're all artists anyway, i'd personnally like to view other users' paintings/drawings for example.

• Administrators
Originally posted by Hector:

I would like to be notified by e-mail in any topic I set. not only the one which I started. is this possible?

You can do this now. Just make sure to check that check box in the lower left of your message window before you post the message.

yes. I knew that..but this check box is only availible if you write a message starting a topic, not replying. but I want this check box in every topic. even if I don't write any message... I have seen this in other forums.

• Administrators

Hi Hector,

Sorry, what you are lookig for is not available except with the higher end versions of this forum software or other PHP based forums. I really would have like to use one of the PHP based solution, as they do have many more features and are run from a non-flat database, but my host only supports ASP. If the site relly takes off, I'll look at upgrading the forum. I'm keeping track of everyone's suggestions, so keep them coming.