Google Chrome Again ;

Crazy Homeless Guy

So, I have had Chrome on my system for several months, but have never done much more than look at it, and wonder about the basic navigation.

Then, I noticed the bookmark function in my Google docs, an decided to explore this more, and how the sync with Chrome. So I launched Chrome, and started to use it.

I must say, I am sorry I waited this long. At least this is my reaction after using it for a day. It is crazy fast compared to Firefox. It could be that I had Firefox bogged down with to many extensions, but I wouldn't bet on that.

For example... the Ajax script on CGarchitect that launches the images in their overlay windows with shadowed background is super slow in Firefox. So slow that I typically launched images in another tab because it saved several seconds. Now,with Firefox, the Ajax script is almost instantaneous.

I guess I just sold my soul one more step towards Google, but they still seem to be doing more along the lines of what I need than any of the other companies.

EDIT... other than the fact that I just accidentally posted this message before I was ready. But I did do that several times with Firefox too.

I use chrome at home because it is fast and clean, however it doesn't play nice with a couple of my web mail accounts. Like if I reply to an email, the original email gets deleted, and never gets downloaded into outlook.

And the other thing that annoys me is that you have to download PDF's before you can read them.

Other than that I do prefer using it too

I never used firefox so I am only comparing to IE

jhv

feels like I've been using it for ages, since the bookmark sync went live in the development trunks, I'm a big fan, there are a few sites that don't work correctly, but they are few and far between from what I've noticed

Extension wise I'm pretty standard, reader/gmail notifiers covers it

I'm sure it's very nice. If you enjoy helping Google control the universe. If you don't enjoy helping Google take over the universe, try Safari. Chrome is just the Safari backend with a new UI and jscript interpreter and a much larger memory footprint.

I'm sure it's very nice. If you enjoy helping Google control the universe. If you don't enjoy helping Google take over the universe, try Safari. Chrome is just the Safari backend with a new UI and jscript interpreter and a much larger memory footprint.

Quoted for agreement... I love Safari, I have been using it a few months now and have been very happy with it.

I will try Safari, but I am liking the flexibility of Google services, not that I can't use them with Safari.

I have bought into the Google universe for better or worse. The were the first with a doc system that played nicely with my email. Meaning I could start typing something at home, go to work, and continue typing it there without the need to email something to myself, or use a USB drive.

Very convenient, for someone who needs more convenience in there life. I will be curious to see what Microsoft comes back with as they roll out there new version of Office, but I don't see myself paying for there product when all of the tools I need are in Google Docs.

I have long been using FoxMarks to sync bookmarks between all of my computers, which is also very convenient. I can book mark something at home, and go to work and the bookmarks already on my computer so I can continue reading where I left off.

Again, very convenient.

I am actually considering leaving my iPhone behind when my contract is up and switching to a Android based phone to continue with trying to sync this area of my life, and make it easier to manage.

EDIT: The spell checker built into Chrome is bad, and the undo's appear to be buggy also. And I just tried to save this modification, but it wanted me to vote now instead of save. Hoepfully that experience was just a fluck because of the way I am working right now.

Edited by Crazy Homeless Guy

For what it's worth, I have an Android phone and the integration is phenominal. Contacts sync immediately, calendar syncs immediately, emails, map locations, bookmarks - all syncs instantly, with no pushing from the user, and all wirelessly. If you use Google's services a lot (Gmail etc), it's incredible. I also love Chrome.

To be honest, if a company wants to take over the world by providing high quality products for free, they're welcome to it!

If you want to sync your iPhone with your Google account, try Nuevasync. It's free and syncs e-mail, calendar and contacts seemlessly. I've been using eversince I got my iPod Touch and it's really great!

Thanks. I currently don't use my iPhone calendar a lot because it does not sync with my Gmail calendar. Or at least I don't have it set up to.

My contacts and Gmail do currently sync perfectly. Maybe this is limited to the iPhone and not the iTouch?