New Forum Suggestion

AEC3dPro

• 1 month later...

I'd be up for a microstation forum. Though I'd say Triforma would maybe need to be incorporated in to it. I'd quite like it if the Tips and Techniques section could be subdivided in to work categories: modelling, texturing, lighting, animating, Import/export and file format issues, and so on. As in many forums, there is a wealth of usefull stuff there. Though sometimes it needs to be sifted through a fair bit.

Also,......the Piranisi thing could be a goer. Perhaps under the general heading of Non Photorealistic Rendering and/or artistic effects. there was a thread very recently related to such, which seemed to be generating a fair bit of interest. I can seem more room for such sort of things. There are a few people now (such as yourselves!) producing some pretty impressive photo realistic stuff. I think the non photo realistic "bits" could complement things well

Anyway........cheers

Hi all,

I think it's up to Jeff to change these things, but as he will return on december 18th, I think we just all have to be patient.

to dannyc:

I like your ideas of subcategories, but I wonder if they are specific enough for the architecural visualisation that we are all involved in. Imho it's much better to make categories likes " sky / trees / cars / people / water / glass / camera setup " because it our daily workflow is simply about these things.

rgds

nisus

• 3 weeks later...

However you want to organize it too keep things simple would be fine w/ me.

I might suggest creating a Non-Photorealistic forum and put Piranesi under that heading, along with any other stuff that may crop up down the road as it relates to NPR. NPR is a hot topic right now, vs. photorealistic rendering.

What do you guy's think ?

• Administrators

Hey guys for the delay...becuase I want to avoid creating too many forums I wonder if it would be best to come up with some prefix keywords for subjects so that we can have one forum and multiple types of categories. At the top of the T&T page I can post a list of keywords that you must use. Example: Water: Creating waves, or Sky:making a panoramic sky map etc.

As for CAD programs, I think I can add a Microsation/Triforma, but I think that Piranesi should be a third party renderer no? Any ideas coments. I want to keep the forum as consenses as possible.

For good categorising I'd rather get all CAD together, using a prefix and seperate Piranesi because it's one of it's kind.

For a good workflow, one can perhaps incorporate Piranesi into Photoshop as it is some kind of image-based program too... prefixes should be used too...

But than again: one could do the same with all 3d-packages too (i.e. group them all into one and use prefixes...) That way we only have a 3d-package, an image-enhance and a third-party-software section...

a though one imho

rgds

nisus

we've been using sketchup for the last year or so.

it's a bit of npr, cad and design all in one. it like the old AEC modeller with bells on. I'll do a quick overview of it in cga soon.

wat we need is a forum titled sommit like OTHER or GENERAL DESIGN SOFTWARE. This is where allot of programs would fit nicely i think.