tip: changing the color of RPC cars

plastic

Well i'm not much into statistics, but a 2? dart definitly lasts more than 4 times longer than a 0.5? pencil. Its like using a porcelain plate as a frisby.

So Mr nisus, how is your experience with the lowpoly cars ? Any pictures ?

ingo

There's another problem with the use of RPC cars and the color correct plug in, it doesn't work in motion, only the first frame of animation render correcty the next frames comes in starnges colors or in black silohuettes of the cars,

anyone knows a way to correct this...

about all the discussion taking place about the real value of RPC libraries i believe that for the price were paying the are inforced to give us that kind of advantanges, otherwise we can just stop buying their material al both sides lost.

but i understand its about the money...

• 1 month later...

I have spent a little time trying to edit the RPC content. I took a slightly different approach and was stonewalled by the company. They post a utility that allows you to make your own content if you have the 360 individual photos of a subject. This is a fairly bogus utility because 99.9% of the people out there don't have access to the equipment needed to take these images. I wrote them and asked them for the original images they used to create the content we purchased. I wanted to write a batch file for Photoshop that would select by color and then edit the hue. I could then use the utility to make a modified piece for input. It would be simple. It would allow you to change the color of a person’s shirt. It would work for animations. It would allow you to use the RPC replacement utility to randomly replace cars with one of many different variations of the same car. Their response: There is no utility to break down our content at this time. We're developing something to do just that and you'll have to wait for it. Nice.

Does anyone know what compression is used to make the .RPC? If I could figure out how to get to the images that are included in the individual file, a method to generate expanded content could be created.

• 4 years later...