strange spots in saved irradiance file

accu

hi

i been working on a animation fly thru of a house. i was getting too much flickering (altho the settings were fairly low) but i figure i try saving the irradiance map and light cache maps.

i used the preset of "high-animation" for irradiance and got some strange "rip" patches, (rendered every 10th frame of 1000 frames. camera movement is fairly slow.)

anyone experience this before or know what is causing it.

thanks

it looks to me like "doblet" polygones..I mean, there must be two walls on top of each other.

you are using vray rigth?....if the spoches are still there after making sure you do not have the polygone prob. try giving more subdivisions to your ligths....difficult to jugde with such small render.

good luck

I cant be sure you are doing the whole procedure correctly without seeing your irradiance map and light cache settings (can you post them?). However I know from experience that those splotches occur when you are rendering an area that there is no irradiance map data for, or you are using old data.... in other words, by accident you have loaded an old irradiance map that doesnt cover the area you are trying to render.... but you are still trying to render it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...