LIVE CHAT

Jeff Mottle

didn't work for me at first... socket read failed

now it works... nice :)

but. is it possible to change the colours? I don't like reading darkgrey over midgrey background.

I didn't see the live chat button !! put it in flashing RED or something now in first days ;)

[ August 20, 2002, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: HeDaCoM ]

Hi all,

I just got a tip for the mirc-users: set your nick to highlight and atach a sound to it, that way you'll hear it whenever someone types in your name.

A tip for every cga-chatter: if there is no activity upon joining, just type in someone's nick to wake up someone who's fallen asleep... :)

I don't know if this works with you, but it works for me... :)

rgds

nisus

• Administrators
Originally posted by HeDaCoM:

Jeff... the applet ask me each time I enter to install. I only have to press YES and it works... but I think this is not right.

This is normal and is how the applet works. If you would like to have the applet remember, click the checkbox to say that you always trust the Jpilot software.

[ August 20, 2002, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Jeff Mottle ]

Originally posted by Jeff Mottle:

Live IRC chat is here. Just click on the "LIVE CHAT" button at the top right of this page. See you there.

Another technology to have running? I'm still trying to keep a lid on apps, too many long nights resolving conflicts in my past. You know, one foot in analog, one in digital.

Now, the question here is whether the regular contributors of this forum will post all their wisdom in a live chat and deny the forum these gems?

In other words, does this kill the forum, which I think is gaining momentum?

Ernest Burden III

• Administrators

Hey Ernest,

I don't think you will have to worry as the chat has never seemed to been hugely popular, even after the release of the online Java client. Pehaps poor marketing on my part, or pehaps most just don't want to communitcate this way, but in either case the type of conversations that occur on the chat are more of a "get to know everyone" rather than sharing tips and tricks.

Hi all,

I think the forum and the channel are mediums with a completly other goal, that do not really overlap a lot.

Forums are good for reference and later use of a kind of database.

Chat is ok to get to know each other a bit and for very very urgent probs.

Both got strengths and faults:

forum: is a bit slow in reponse, but with the emaili notification it works very fast imho.

chat: a great disadvantage is that you have to say things over and over again... it's not for everyone of the community

So one does not have to be afraid that one will eventually replace the other. ;)

rgds

nisus

guys....

dalnet been rather busy as of late, thats why you getting serious log on probs.

little tip - in the channels and connections options, stay on the dalnet channel but put the server setting to RANDOM. i use this all the time and log on first time 95% of the time. try it.