Hello everyone at CGA

rossy007

I am so excited to be able to join this forum. My name is David and I am taking a huge leap of faith by looking at changing my career. I have been a 3d fan for almost 6 years using Cinema 4d. In coming up to my 44th birthday in a few weeks, I have decided to take an online 3d class (3DTI) to start looking at becoming a 3d modeler. The course is 16 weeks long and I am incredibly psyched. I will be training on 3DS Max and I have a strong interest in furniture/interior modeling and that is why I joined this site. The work I see here scares the life out of me but also shows me how high the bar is so I had better study hard :D I do have my first question and I am not sure where to post it, it relates to setting up a basic lighting studio in max to render my models. If anyone can point me to the right forum I would appreciate it.

Thanks

David

Hi David,

I'm new here too and also the wrong side of 40! I get scared looking at the superb quality of work in here but it certainly inspires me to try harder

I can't post links yet but if you do a search for "cg india tutorials" there are a couple of good examples of how to set up a basic studio environment for furniture etc

Hi guys,

I know it is overwhelming to see all this good work around and feel like it is an impossible mountain to climb but we all started at 0 and worked our way up. I am afraid it is just a matter of hours and perspiration so do not worry we all went through it. I love what i do as it is a constantly changing field that keeps evolving and challenging. Its a constant studying and improving yourself that makes it so fantastic. Sure long hours and unappreciative clients are a plenty but once in awhile you get a thank you and a Christmas invite to their company party... It is almost bearable...:D