Exclusion from alpha channel

nisus

Hi all,

Here is my problem:

First I render a nice background - a groundplane, a basic city, a skydome and some haze - above which I want to compose the close-up views of a building/site.

When I load the images in as background files and render the building/site above, the skydome pushes these images away i.e. it renders above the background. When I turn off the skydome this is correct but I don't have nice reflections of the sky in glass or watert parts.

So... Does anyone knows how I can exclude an object from the alpha channel? Anyone has another tip?

rgds

nisus

Hi hector,

Basicly we have a background image onto which you add a kind-of cutout version from the building. To make that cutout we use the alpha channel so we have a clean seperation of the building BUT if we use a skydome, the seperation/border is not that of the building but of the skydome. Pretty useless...

Got it?

rgds

nisus

MAX4:

the following works, skydome: properties: uncheck: visible to camera

MAX3:

Render without skydome, save mask, render with skydome and apply mask again.... You can ofcourse also animate the visibility for the skydome so you don't have to do all those things by hand...

MAX3

buy MAX5

[ August 30, 2002, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: quizzy ]