Is nobody else Christmasy?

STRAT

• Administrators

LOL! Yeah I guess you read that thread on the MAX forums huh. I don't consider myself to be an overly religeous person and don't go to church, but even I think that whole "Holiday Tree" and "Holiday Season" crap has gone a bit too far. What's next the "holdiday candle sticks"?

Anyway CHristmas is alive and well in Canada with the excpetion a few mindless politicians who have nothing better to do with our tax dollars than dream up politically correct terms.

hi There

Jeff and All

seasons greetings from hell

(well, actually its only arizona, close enough)

i cant STAND XMAS moo-sick

i have literally thrown up

because of XMAS moo-sick

(not joking)

its against my religion to go to church,

any church (i dont discriminate amongst religions)

The Devil is in The Details, (he made me say That)

i dont believe that Time exists therefore Hollidaze are totally meaningless

which just made me Think of a new oxymoron (hint)

if Less is More, is meaning less therefore more moronic?

my son says that "There is only One Day"

so why do people act like lemmings seasonly

because someone somewhere printed a d*mn calendar

(unless it is the Sports Illustrated calendar or features Luisa Corna) it says that is The End of The Year (maybe its near The End of The World as we know it)

clue #2

it doesnt snow in Arizona, only when Hell freezes over (ok it has happened 2x in 50 years) so how can it possibly feel like xmassy

ok

way off, off-topic but i wanted to take the Time to respond (its just that Time of the Year to do This)

ok at least (if only 1) 1 positive Thing to say

along Time ago i saw a really cute xmas Architectural Card that was like a cd set

it was a miniature set of bluelines, 4x6 inches

A1

cover sheet with a project perspective and Company Title, miniature site plan

A2 floor plan of santa clause (who dat?) North Pole residence (existing and proposed remodel)

A3 South Elevation

A4 South Elevation

A5 South Elevation

A6 South Elevation

A6 Building Section

(get The Joke?)

i Think ArchVision has an RPC Santa

all that they need now is some moveable Reindeer

HAY HOW ABOUT A NORTH POLE IMAGE CONTEST !!

that would be seasonal for This Time of The Year

i have only been in snow 1x in 37 years

(big mistake, i got 2x bad knees way too cold)

Randy

I'm with you Strat. I love Christmas! I love the music, the gifts, all the candy from consultants and reps in the office, and I like Christmas shopping to the point that I was at Wal-Mart at 5:00 a.m. for the door-busters (Do they have Wal-Mart in Wales?). Most of all I'm looking forward to watching my 5 year old daughter and 2 year old son open thier gifts Christmas Morning. I don't know how many of you have kids but I have a hard time believing anyone could not enjoy Christmas if they did.

Thats the smell of death mate, the smell of a fresh cut tree just used for a two day decoration period, thats sad. Another weird thing is to tell all the kids the lie of a fat, homeless Coca-Cola guy in a red pyjama bringing christmas presents :rolleyes: , no wonder the kids wont trust any adult nowadays. Not to forget how many power the extraordinary lightshows in the city and at home costs.

Well guys, thats definitly not my meaning of christmas. If you want to hear about the real christmas reason and some behind-the-scenes-info, go to your local church, there's a guy in black who knows a lot about that all.

Overall i think the political correctness of some Canadian politicians is just a reaction to this PR-Christmas.

So have a nice winter season (summer season for all Australians ), enjoy the real Christmas and think about it.

"grumpy" ingo :)

plastic - Vienna eh?

i'm going to Austria in 2 weeks to the Tirol region for my xmas holiday.

i know nothing about Austria. can you give me any insights attall?

ie, do i need special Austrian Euros or just normal? will it be snowing? what is a traditional Austrian christmas dinner consist of?

cheers m8

• Administrators

Oh don't worry all the Xmas trees in Canada eiterh come from Xmas tree farms or from Utility rigth of ways. People don't actually cut down forests for them. ;) We leave that for the logging companies. From the highways all look beatiful, 50m back all you see is miles of stumps..now that is sad.

Anyway, MERRY XMAS to everyone!

Originally posted by ingo:

[QB]Thats the smell of death mate, the smell of a fresh cut tree just used for a two day decoration period, thats sad.

Originally posted by STRAT:

plastic - Vienna eh?

i'm going to Austria in 2 weeks to the Tirol region for my xmas holiday.

i know nothing about Austria. can you give me any insights attall?

ie, do i need special Austrian Euros or just normal? will it be snowing? what is a traditional Austrian christmas dinner consist of?

cheers m8

don't worry, there is much snow in the mountains...it only rains in vienna because its not much higher than sea level, about 150m.

still, its darn cold.

of course there are no special austrian euros.

christman dinner...uhm...i don't know. you can hunt me with traditional austrian food. its almost as horrible as german food :D

i found that on the web, a good description:

Popular foods: Austria has many good traditional dishes, most of which were stolen from the Hungarians. The rest consist mostly of evil-looking sausages, clear soups with indescribable dumplings bobbing around, and lots of potatoes and boiled beef. Oh, and of course, Wiener Schnitzel.

Hi all,

Xmas... haha... You either love it or hate it!

Outdoor Ice-skating, freezing to death with a hot drink, throwing snowballs, long nights, heavy stomachs, forced family-meetings, fake-smiles, fireworks... Anyway, we got an xmas-holiday this year! (Must be the first in three or so... so just wonderful! Ordered 7 new books on amazon, still got four to read... and lot's of magazines too... btw, one of the books is the one by Ernest Burden ;) )

Btw, in Belgian we solved the problem of cutting trees: Pastic! With blue, green, white, red needles eating electricity... Re-cycleable!

Anyone noticed my special xmas avatar?

rgds,

nisus

• Administrators

Nope can't see it. Wher'd it go?

BTW, I just chaged the requirments for all profiles that start with "nisu" to require a minumum of 2578 posts before the avatra show up. LOL. Better start posting Nisus your fallign behind. (kidding of course) :)

Anyone noticed my special xmas avatar?

[ December 06, 2002, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Jeff Mottle ]

>>...and lot's of magazines too... btw, one of the books is the one by Ernest...

Hmm, lots of magazines, naked buildings or naked girls ?

And a book by Ernest......Hemmingway ? The old man and Lightscape ?

ingo

Anybody in Easter mood. Enough eggs painted and ready for the Easter-Beagle ?