Free international server

Wilson Iwazawa

try renaming your extension. instead of using '.jpg', try using '.chg' (it stands for 'crazy homeless guy' format). then link to the image like this... except using the additional brackets...

img]http://www.phase22.com/misc/cgarchitect/test.chg[/img

test.chg

don't believe it works... go ahead, right click and download.

anyway, i have known people to get around image linking barriers using this trick before.

travis.

• Administrators

Hey Crazy Homeless guy. How does this work. Just did a quick search on the net for this format (chunk data format) but I have to admit I've never heard of it and had no idea browsers could read that extension. What is this format for?

Hey, Jeff!

What happens here is that Crazy Homeless Guy is not creating a new format with new information. He's just renaming an extension, but the information format still the same. Browsers can read it because it's JPG-like format, with the same kind of information they normally understand. That's why. I do it myself on my website, using *.reb documents (reb stands for my office's name, you know). It helps me organizing the website in a better way, using the *.HTM files just as a backup. Browsers are still able to read it, though it's not written it's a html document.

[]

Rick

jeff, rick..

i picked the trick up off of fark.com. users there link to images from free servers there all the time. not being code savy i would just be guessing as to why it works. it could probably be used as a mild security deterant to keep people from steeling images, although people with a moderate amount of tech knowledge could easily figure out what is going on. i never checked to see if it displays ok on mac.

uirsu...

are you sure you have your avatar set up right? i still see nothing.

not to open up a can of worms about abusing the server drive space, but why not upload your avatar in this thread using cgarchitects upload utility. when it gives you the link for your image, copy and paste that where your link for your avatar goes.

this method will probably not be appreciated or encouraged, but will probably work.