Bon Voyage

STRAT

G'day space cadets :)

just a quick note to say i'm off for the next 4-5 days on a mini cruise between UK and Bilbao, Spain. Being treated by Mrs STRAT!

Whilst in Bilbao, if we get time, i hope to visit the Guggenheim Musium. I'll take some photos for you whilst im there.

Cya real soon

http://www.guggenheim-bilbao.es/ingles/edificio/el_edificio.htm

"Orthogonal blocks in limestone contrast with curved and bent forms covered in titanium. Glass curtain walls provide the building with the light and transparency it needs. Owing to their mathematical complexity, the sinuous stone, glass, and titanium curves were designed with the aid of computers. The glass walls were made and installed to protect the works of art from heat and radiation. The half-millimeter thick "fish-scale" titanium panels covering most of the building are guaranteed to last one hundred years."

I didn't know it was titanium specifically either. Guess I learned something today. All I knew was that it wasn't D4 vinyl siding :D

As long Strat doesn't lick the titanium after sucking on an ice cube, we should be safe ;)

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudes, I'm Back!!!!

wow, the Guggenheim Musium was exquisit!!! very beautifully detailed and designed. the concrete curvature and the general chaos to the design is mind blowing. as soon as the photos are developed this week i'll post them up and give you guys a report!

btw, i didn't lick the titanium walls ;)