Scene Critique

Ringas

I would appreciate some texturing and lighting C&C on the following image. It is modeled in Rhinoceros and rendered in passes in MAX 5 using Brazil. The passes are composited in Digital Fusion along with some specular bloom, DOF and film grain.

http://ringas.netfirms.com/images/Contact_Lenses.jpg

Thank you in advance,

Tassos Ringas

National Technical University of Athens (N.T.U.A.)

Faculty of Architecture

archigrid@hotmail.com

[ August 11, 2003, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Ringas ]

I was really interested to see your image but I couldn't access to it!... I got this message: :rolleyes:

"Directly downloading images is not permitted on the Netfirms FREE plan. If you are the owner of this site, either ensure that this image is embedded in a web page, or upgrade to one of the Netfirms premium plans. "

It seems the image cannot be linked from another site. It works if you open a NEW window and then copy+paste the url (direct request, not link).

Or just upload the file to the CGA server with the upload utility.

The image is very nice! The objects and mats are very well done. There's something with the background, though. Maybe it's the blue, the tiles, or both...

Just a little update.I have only changed the camera position, put an HDR background and used the latter to light the scene. No changes whatsoever regarding geometry or texturing.

Update no2:

http://www.ringas.netfirms.com/images/Contact_Lenses_02.jpg

If the direct link doesn't work, copy and paste it.

PS:I know that the background is a kitchen scene but I haven't got access to other HDR images.

Tassos Ringas

National Technical University of Athens (N.T.U.A.)

Faculty of Architecture

archigrid@hotmail.com

Link doesnt work, no matter how I try

Directly downloading images is not permitted on the Netfirms FREE plan. If you are the owner of this site, either ensure that this image is embedded in a web page, or upgrade to one of the Netfirms premium plans.
You must link us to a page that will contain the image (an .htm or .html) not directly to a .jpg

So I helped a little...

filepush.asp?file=Contact_Lenses_02.jpg