set up a forum for newbie

DelfoZ

• Administrators

Most if not all discussion boards require access to a server that supports a server side language like CGI, ASP, PHP etc. If you can get or have this then you can do a search on the web for discussion board software to install. There are some free apps out there like Snitz, but be warned you get what you pay for. This forum did cost money to buy and it probably the most used forum on the web. vBulletin, a PHP based forum, is also very popular. All use a databse of some sort. This one uses a flat text file, but also comes in a mySQL database flavor.

If you don't have access to a server, other than Yahoo, MSN etc I know only of Delphi. Although I'm sure there are a ton of others out there. Just do a search on Google for "Free hosted discussion forums"

But the real question is why would you want to? You have CGarchitect!! :)

Hope that helps,

[ July 31, 2002, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Jeff Mottle ]

jeff, why dont make a new Topic " newbies CGA "

too much newbies CGA dont post images cuz they think him images arent really good, but r good cuz they r newbies. maybe if they have one section where thay post newbies CGA, they post images .. and the Critics helps them . the critics always r good .

Guest ywmang

hello

I've set up a discussion board on the MSN Community for my group of friends. but I think it's way too inflexible, and *slow*. say I can't attach a photo in a post....no view new message function.... and dead slow.

so I want to know about where should I start to build a forum like this (need not be as big as this one, if scale matters in the setting up)

Can someone help?

thx :cool: