Apply now!!!

Paul Griger

Ya, right ;)

Is it just me or does this site smell fishy?

http://www.architecture3d.net/visiting_artists.htm

and I look at this guys site and the home page says “1.2 million customers strong and growing”

http://www.architecture3d.net/

but when I look at his clients page, it lists seven names, and the ones that have any work shown, well, it’s rather sad IMHO.

The funniest [or saddest thing] is the company’s profile page

http://www.architecture3d.net/profile.htm

This person shows this grandiose building that they are located in Chicago, IL; and then show another pic of a building in Cyprus that houses just their “Render Farm Unit”

The whole site would have me LMAO if it is wasn’t for the fact that he’s charging people to become a member of his craptastic company.

WTF? Can someone say "fraudulent" ?

Forgive me if I am wrong here, but this just reeks of a scam artist IMHO. orangeno

Yup, sounds pretty weak. I have the feeling these guys are up to no good. :mad:

Actually these guys were posting for jobs here about a month ago. They got rather poorly reviewed at the time and I think Jeff finally removed their links from the site.

Awful indeed, I don't know if there is something that can be done to unmask these type of companies. They are just hurting the market.

On top of all the crap that they are claiming they are, I saw this job posted in monster.com a couple of weeks ago. More crap

Isn't that a trip? Anyway like Nisus said we shouldn't attract more attention to this, although it might help people to think twice before they jump into these type of ghost companies. That's my two cents.

ofcourse TV Commercials which is our specialty. [...] and projects covering short animation clips similar to ANIMATRIX
Not even the real stuff... Taking credits from trendy work that is not even theirs... phewfff!

nisus

This is really kind of confusing me.

Ok we know this company is not even close to being legit. But what is in it for them? What are they trying to do?

Their web site is crap! I have been looking at other member sites and everyone here has a better site than that. And the quality of their work is sooo poor. One of their picts is a night shot with a purple nebula looking thing in the background. It is so bad there is not even real compition there. But they are not competing they are trying to lure professionals into their site and have us pay $8. We are the ones who will see through them the quickest. Typically if you are going to pull a scam you get the uneducated section of the public and con them.

I am not too familiar with web cons and what not (I am pretty sure the guy's from South Africa who have millions in gold coins are not on the level :winkgrin: ) so what is the purpose?

Any ideas?

Originally posted by Sawyer:

Any ideas?

IMHO some people just work harder at a crooked lifestyle than they would want to work at a legit career.

Too bad, with all the time & energy this guy put into this he may have been able to actually learn how to render properly and put up a couple of decent renderings on that eyesore of a site.

Now he's just trying to bilk poor saps out of money at $8.00 a pop.

"A fool and his money are easily parted"

• Administrators

Well Paul, as you sent in your money, I would be intersted to see if we can't get your money back. I haven't looked into these guys all that carefully, but if they are indeed a fraud, I'de love to expose the, We could do a CGA expose to show them up as a fraud. As long as the facts are correct and we attempt to resolve them first I'd be more than happy to help put them out of business.

Originally posted by Jeff Mottle:

Well Paul, as you sent in your money, I would be intersted to see if we can't get your money back.

~

That'd be great to get some money out of them, but i never gave them my money ;) I was just being facetious, hence the laughing guy at the end of my statement. Or maybe I was just being good natured about being ripped off :D

Originally posted by Paul Griger:

Do you think it’s possible for me to get my $7.99 paperwork processing fee back? 023.gif

~

Seriously though, I never gave them any money. But if anyone is giving them money, like Raffaello, then I'd like to know what they are getting out of their membership. If it's a fraud, it's not doing anything but hurting people and giving CG artists a bad name.